Residents of Sault Ste Marie Ontario inform yourself before entering the emergency department;
Maltreatment of sick patient's waiting for medical assistance in Canadian Emergency Department is not acceptable or ethical.
Recently on the Public Social Media site Facebook an employee of the Sault Ste Marie Area Hospital was scrutinizing an ill patient who had been waiting to see a doctor. Christina Olsen who works in The Emergency Department of the Sault Area Hospital as a ward clerk, found it comical for her public Facebook audience to know of an ill patient that had presented in The Emergency Department during her work shift August 26 2013 .(see attachment/link)
Demeaning words were clearly a lack of empathy for the ill patient, and any other patient that enters the Emergency Department of the Sault Ste. Marie Hospital. This public malicious statements on Facebook shows complete lack of empathy for the ill patient waiting for a doctor. Ms. Olsen refers to the patients "I have a tummy ache face" and stating the ill patient should "Just go sit down"... Where is the humanity and compassion for the patient in the statement? Employees who work in Hospital's of Canada including Ontario should show kindness for the sick.
Ms. Olsen is employed by The Sault Area Hospital, S.A.H., she works in the center of The Emergency Department. Patients arriving in the Emergency ward are sick and distraught, if not in critical conditions; expecting non-preferential treatment.
Recently The National Canadian News Corporations have published articles concerning public deaths from maltreatment in Emergency Hospital waiting rooms.
On Sept. 19, 2008 Mr.Brian Sinclair went to the emergency room of Winnipeg's Health Sciences Center , with a bladder infection and spoke with a nurse. The homeless aboriginal man stayed in the emergency room waiting room until a fellow patient notified a security guard that he was dead.
Now there is an inquest into his death.
Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/inquest-may-shed-light-on-why-manitoba-man-died-after-34-hour-er-wait-1.1399281#ixzz2dCDixjRf
These trusted positions that are awarded to Nurses, Doctors and Hospital Staff are commonly fail positioned and abused. Hospital employees are playing God with the members of the public. These employees are judging patients by appearance and financial status, choosing who to help and who to ridicule.
The citizens of Sault Ste. Marie Ontario who present in The Emergency Department might possibly be humiliated from members of paid staff on public social media. Their privacy and dignity will become comical relief for Hospital staff members. Is this allowed by our Government of Ontario Canada? Are Hospital Staff members allowed to speak publicly of our illnesses on Facebook?
As citizens of Canada we Expect better from our health care workers!
Residents of Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada Be Careful when you enter The Emergency Department DO NOT Speak to this woman or you will be her next Facebook victim!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "If you were or still are a member of Kaiser & you had an appointment on January 19, 2012 it is most likely that someone else received your medical information..."
- " PLEASE READ THIS... DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR THEM UNTIL ALL YOUR PROCEDURES ARE COMPLETE! I had all my teeth removed painlessly there, that is what I gave them..."
- "This individual is a scammer! His Dental Sleep Masters program is a complete rip off! He scam dentists into believing he has done thousands of oral appliance implants when in..."
- "My ex is alienating me from our 2 kids. I was looking for info on Family law, I can not afford a lawyer. The info brainsyntax provides, and stories..."
- "I was scammed by a website called brainsyntax. it is a creepy site once you realize that it is run by one guy and his psycho gf. Vincent Schiele a.k.a..."
- "Hilary Alexis Quarrell is a scammer. She poses as a loving parent and uses social media to attack harass and slander. She is a violent depressed and mentally unstable person...."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "Time after time. I go in to eat at the restaurant. A nice sit down meal, relax and enjoy dinner. 4x in 6 weeks I get a dinner before I..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."