Sault Area Hospital - Ward clerk at Sault Ste Marie Area Hospital mistreats and humiliated patients

Residents of Sault Ste Marie Ontario inform yourself before entering the emergency department;

Maltreatment of sick patient's waiting for medical assistance in Canadian Emergency Department is not acceptable or ethical.

Recently on the Public Social Media site Facebook an employee of the Sault Ste Marie Area Hospital was scrutinizing an ill patient who had been waiting to see a doctor. Christina Olsen who works in The Emergency Department of the Sault Area Hospital as a ward clerk, found it comical for her public Facebook audience to know of an ill patient that had presented in The Emergency Department during her work shift August 26 2013 .(see attachment/link)

Demeaning words were clearly a lack of empathy for the ill patient, and any other patient that enters the Emergency Department of the Sault Ste. Marie Hospital. This public malicious statements on Facebook shows complete lack of empathy for the ill patient waiting for a doctor. Ms. Olsen refers to the patients "I have a tummy ache face" and stating the ill patient should "Just go sit down"... Where is the humanity and compassion for the patient in the statement? Employees who work in Hospital's of Canada including Ontario should show kindness for the sick.

Ms. Olsen is employed by The Sault Area Hospital, S.A.H., she works in the center of The Emergency Department. Patients arriving in the Emergency ward are sick and distraught, if not in critical conditions; expecting non-preferential treatment.

Recently The National Canadian News Corporations have published articles concerning public deaths from maltreatment in Emergency Hospital waiting rooms.

On Sept. 19, 2008 Mr.Brian Sinclair went to the emergency room of Winnipeg's Health Sciences Center , with a bladder infection and spoke with a nurse. The homeless aboriginal man stayed in the emergency room waiting room until a fellow patient notified a security guard that he was dead.

Now there is an inquest into his death.

Read more:

These trusted positions that are awarded to Nurses, Doctors and Hospital Staff are commonly fail positioned and abused. Hospital employees are playing God with the members of the public. These employees are judging patients by appearance and financial status, choosing who to help and who to ridicule.

The citizens of Sault Ste. Marie Ontario who present in The Emergency Department might possibly be humiliated from members of paid staff on public social media. Their privacy and dignity will become comical relief for Hospital staff members. Is this allowed by our Government of Ontario Canada? Are Hospital Staff members allowed to speak publicly of our illnesses on Facebook?

As citizens of Canada we Expect better from our health care workers!

Residents of Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada Be Careful when you enter The Emergency Department DO NOT Speak to this woman or you will be her next Facebook victim!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 9 No 9
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 08, 2014 #881693 Garden River, Ontario

What I do know is this Christina was drunk one night (long time ago).I don't go to the bars anymore but back in the early 2000/2001 maybe, she was drunk and damaged her mom's brand new vehicle.So to cover it up and make sure her mom's insurance would cover the costs she had a couple guys fake stealing the car and burned it I think out by Goulias. She has been lying about lots.
yes and when a person goes out to bars (as I did back then) and doesn't drink (as I didn't back then ) you just remember these things. Later on in years I went to the emergency with one of my parents and saw her there.I was surprised because she was always stoned / drunk back in the day. I thought until I saw this article she had changed things around for herself.
I know what it is like to be caught up in lies and bull because of someone else's agenda. It was an insurance claim that the company covered. I suppose given the circumstances ( stolen vehicle) and I think she told me she reported it to make sure the costs were incurred by the company.
the car was her mom's and Christina didn't want to be in trouble. If you know her mom's name you could probably access the info. and there would have to have been an incident report.
I know Christina was scared her mom would be mad at the time,at least thats what she said.Never believe a liar though. I wonder how mom would feel if she knew.

3 0 Reply

Oct 06, 2014 #880621

As professionals, physicians, nurses and staff are expected to act in a courteous, dignified and civil manner towards their patients, their colleagues (i.e., all those who work with the physician, whether members of a health regulatory college or not) and others involved in the provision of health care. The purpose of this policy is to provide specific guidance about the profession’s expectations of physician behaviour in the professional environment.
Disruptive behaviour occurs when the use of inappropriate words, actions or inactions by a physician and or staff interferes with his or her ability to function well with others to the extent that the behaviour interferes with, or is likely to interfere with, quality health care delivery.
There are myriad potential reasons for unprofessional behaviour: for example, such behaviour may have been learned through poor role models and entrenched through habit; it may be in response to a difficult or unhealthy work environment; or there may be physical or mental health bases for unprofessional behaviour (especially if the behaviour is new)
Ms. Christina Olsen vicious in her words seems to experience negative issues in her personal life, she is broadcast through multiple internet sources as a mother guilty for alienating the father of her young daughter. This is reminiscent of her childhood as a bully. The narcissistic behaviour of an alienating parents burdens onto Hospital Staff and Patients.

Oct 05, 2014 #880452

Sault Area Hospital's favourite ward clerk is a long time drug addict and alcoholic. In the early 90's when she was employed as a bartender at Snappers Bar on Queen St, she stole her famous mother Suzanne Olen's car while out of town, trashed it, had it brought out to Goulis and burned. Insurance money was given for the robbery and no one was the wiser...well at-least the Police.
Lies and deception run in the veins of Christina Jane Olsen. She was a bully in grade school, she was evil in high school, making "friends" with nerdy girls to screw their hot brothers & cousins. She stole, cheated, lied, assaulted misfit girls while attending Sir James Dunn.
In her 20's she worked the down-town scene as a bartender. coke in the back, beer in the front, throw out drunk men, punch guys off their chairs "the gloves are off" her favourite term. Men, woman, groups, toys anyway to stimulate herself.
Don't cross Christina Olsen, she will hurt you in whatever way she can. Don't go to the hospital if you are an enemy of hers...your better off dead

3 0 Reply
mad brother

Oct 05, 2014 #880449 Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario

Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 17:06:18 -0800
Why the *** are you doing this? Do you really thrive on making the family crazy with your drama? You left us. Why do you continue to cause such heartache with the family!?!?!? I know you've had some rough times, as have I. But I have taken full ownership when I screwed up. To you, it's everyone else's fault that you're *** up. Never once have you owned up to yourself and admitted wrongdoing. You put yourself into your predicaments and cry victim so someone swoops in and saves you. Its usually me, and for that I feel a bit abused. Whenever you're not happy with your present situation you concoct some big dramatic pile of *** to make you look like a victim. Then you *** the hand that feeds you.
I miss you and love you. But you need some serious help to deal with your demons. Why the *** didn't you just pack up and leave like a normal person? Because you were wasted. You called me bombed (trust me I know your voice) in the afternoon and said you wanted to go to dinner. I find out later you were wasted out of your tree at the SpeakEasy bragging that you're skipping town to go to montreal after mom and I were sleeping. Nice decision. Who do you think would hold you back if you simply wanted to move out? You lived at mom's by choice. You chose it. Yeah, it's rough being 34 and living at home. Believe me, i'm there. But it's warm and safe and there's always food and company. A far cry from where you came from.
I've rescued you from

Apr 02, 2014 #801130

I know that girl, she was a barmaid at bars in the soo. she worked at foggy's, snappers and is she working in the hospital and why? she would punch men in the face and throw them out with security, she was a tough girl who fought, drank like a man. reading her comments is kinda ***, why is she picking on sick people? this article is right i don't want to go to emergency and have her take care of me. :(

Dec 15, 2013 #758716

Seems this family has more problems than the hospital is aware of-- Found this on a google search. Letter between this ward clerk family. Sounds like a Soap Opera Family......

Words of Christina Jane Olsen. Sault Ste Marie Ontario:
Just to set the message straight...I am fine. My mother's constant attempt to take over from where she feels she left off has been a failure. I have tried to redeem myself over and over. Nothing I do is or will ever be sufficient enough to fill her delusions of me being that perfect child. I am a grown adult whose conscience has been heavy and my regrets been large. I am separating myself from her drama and newly attained Puritan-like attiude towards life. I plan to concentrate on serenity. It's clear that her insistence of me living with her was only a sub-plot to destroying what still exists in terms of my own self-understanding and desire to finally succeed in my life. I plan on finishing my university starting this fall, and move on in a positive direction. And as far as the substance abuse, this is a delusion of hers. I do not partake in the abuse of drugs. I wholeheartedly admit that they have been involved in my past, however, I have better things to concentrate on. I am going to continue working a terrible job out of the service industry and also continue my bi-weekly counselling sessions. My mind is sound and my intentions are sincere. We all have our own demons to live with, but I will not be residing with my personal

Betty-L RN

Dec 12, 2013 #757391

Her mom was head nurse of the emergency department Suzanne Olsen, her brother is an ambulance driver, her close aunt worked in doctor recruiting, and all of her moms friends are nurses or work for the hospital. Thats how she got her job and how she keeps her job. Sault Ste Marie is a small town, and favouritism wins, especially in the hospital. Personal will never fire her or discipline her, this happens all over. Yes I agree it is irresponsible to speak of patient care,but the new generation of hospital employees lack respect.

Mike C

Nov 17, 2013 #743615 Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario

Obviously this particular employee suffers from a personality disorder. This is unusual behaviour within Hospital personal. Not ALL employees of the Sault Area Hospital are like this, we are compassionate to our patients, and do not speak on social media concerning patient care. This ward clerk has her job because of certain family members.

Here is an article outlining personality issues:

It's All About ME, ME, ME! Narcissistic Personality Disorder

We all know people with Narcissistic tendencies. The 'all about me' person who can only talk about himself, his self-importance, his uniqueness, his me, me, me!

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a true mental diagnosis for people who need admiration, lack empathy and have a grandiose sense of their self-importance.

It is called a pervasive pattern of grandiosity in fantasy and behavior, and usually begins by early adulthood and it presents itself in a variety of symptoms. To achieve this diagnosis, a person presents five or more of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or

Nov 04, 2013 #737623 Victoria, British Columbia

This is horrible. Why would the hospital employee staff that spoke on social media concerning patient care? This is irresponsible of hospital personal to keep this woman on staff.

0 0 Reply

Sep 22, 2013 #720177

This is laughable. Even if there were an uncaring ward clerk, and this is obviously an attack for personal reasons... the ward clerk has nothing to do with patient care or who gets seen. You should know this, Vincent and especially Hillary. Nice try.

0 2 Reply
Mike C

Nov 17, 2013 #743616 Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario

I work with this woman, this is not a laughable complaint. Many of our co-workers would agree.

Pete B

Sep 21, 2013 #719834 Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario

You are twisting the words of a very professional and caring employee of Sault area hospitals, anyone that's knows you, can see that you have a personal vandetta against her. You are a sick and twisted criminal Vincent, your time will come

0 1 Reply

Nov 09, 2013 #740088 Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario

You consider this to be your time? You are threatening us not to become sick, you work at the Sault Ste Marie Hospital?

So the people you do not like of the Sault Ste Marie community should not be sick there. The brother of hers still stealing the medicine of the sick patients?

When your time comes it will be coming fast and full of rage, you will know that this was not your time.

See you all in Court soon you ugly miserable *** family and this is not your time yet.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sault Area Hospital. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Sault Area Hospital.
Filing a new complaint about